Staff Facebook Group
If you’re on Facebook, be sure to join our staff facebook group to stay updated on the conversation leading up to the match.
Important Phone Numbers
- Match Director, John Royer: 704-677-3202
- Section Coordinator, Stephanie Berry: 919-417-3845
Major Match Handbook
Whether you’re a major match veteran or this is the first major match you’ve ever worked, we ask that all staff read through our Major Match Handbook so that everyone is on the same page about how stages will be run, what the responsibilities of all staff are, and provide guidance on how to run an amazing match.
Food & Beverage
Water will be supplied for all staff and competitors during the match. However, we need help from staff to supply the coolers for each stage. If you can bring a cooler for the stage that you’re working, please sign up here.
Lunch will be provided for staff on the days that they are working, Thursday through Sunday. Only staff working through the weekend (F, S, Su) will have lunch supplied on Friday during the staff match. A sandwich assortment of boxed lunches will be provided by McAlister’s Deli and Firehouse Subs. A runner will bring lunches to each of the stages so that staff will not have to leave their stage.
Assuming everything is running on schedule, there is a dedicated 30-minute period during the matches on Friday and Sunday for staff to eat and change targets on their stage. There is not a dedicated period on Saturday between the two matches. Hopefully things will be running ahead of schedule, but if they are not please focus on getting the stages reset first.
After the match on Friday, staff will meet outside of the registration building at 4:00pm where staff shirts and gifts will be distributed.
Staff shirts should be worn on Saturday and Sunday.
If anyone needs their shirt laundered, write your name on the tag and drop off your shirt with Stephanie Berry in the registration building before you leave on Saturday and we’ll bring it back washed for you on Sunday.
Please try on your shirt as soon as you’re able. We have a handful of additional shirts available for exchange.
Will will be taking a staff photo at 8:45am before the match on Sunday. Please wear your shirt and meet outside of the registration building.
After the match concludes on Sunday and your stage has been broken down, stop by the registration building to receive your check.
There are several measures that have been put in place for this match to keep our staff and shooters safe and comfortable. Please familiarize yourself with these precautions as you will be expected to enforce them throughout the match and on your stage.
Registration will have a small collection of masks available for staff if they decide at any point they would like one.
As we all navigate these unprecedented times, we have tried to put in place measures to keep the health and safety of our competitors and staff at the forefront of this event. The following is information on what we ask you to adhere to and what you can expect from us to assist the event in running smoothly and safely.
- Regardless of your feelings in regard to COVID-19, please be tolerant and respectful of your fellow competitors and staff social distancing and hygiene practices. We ask that you practice good social distancing of 6 feet. We realize that everyone’s situation is different, and this allows everyone to enjoy the match.
- We ask that only the competitor or their designated representative follow the score keeper while the stage is being scored/reset. We ask that all other competitors stay behind the designated stage line. The only other exception is the on-deck shooter doing the final walkthrough/prep.
- The best practice is also for the shooter to recover their magazines once scoring is complete as they exit the stage.
- If you wish to wear a mask/gloves or bring your own sanitizing items, please feel free to do so.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available in the restrooms. We ask that you practice good hygiene through the event and wash your hands as appropriate.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at every stage. We ask that you bring along a personal supply of any hygiene items that you wish to have.
- We realize it is customary to shake the staff’s hands at the conclusion of each stage, we ask that you just thank them for being the awesome volunteers they are and forgo the high-5’s, hugs, and handshakes.
- To limit the number of individuals on a bay, we ask that no squad enter a bay until the prior squad has cleared that bay. This WILL be enforced by the RM’s and CRO’s.
- Be conscious of and maintain social distancing during stage walk throughs and at all areas of the range, including registration, vendor area, and restrooms.
- With the exception of the staff match on Friday, September 11th, only staff will reset the stage between shooters.
- To prevent potential contact contamination the RO’s will be instructed to NOT pick up magazines or hold PCC flags for competitors.