NO LONGER SHOOTING DUE TO LACK OF RESOURCES
FPSA Match Information and Registration
1. We will shoot on the second Saturday of
each month. To be on the safe side, shooters should bring at least 100
rounds to a match. The match fee is $20 for regular monthly events and $30
for 6 classifier matches (see No. 5, below). Sign in on the range for all
events will be from 1000-1100. The range brief will be at 1100 with shooting
to start immediately after.
2. Whenever possible, the stages will be "as available" as we don't believe in making shooters stand in a box all day. The intent is to challenge shooters with stages similar to what they may see at Section/Area events. There will be a USPSA classifier at every regular monthly match.
3. Rules for sanctioned USPSA events can be found at USPSA.org. For the time being, all of our shoots will be handgun events governed by the January 2008 rulebook and amendments. If you shoot in the production division, ensure that you review the approved gun list as well. Please review the rulebook ahead of time and make plans to comply with all requirements.
4. Our regular monthly matches will be limited to 60 shooters. Pre-registration will be done online here (see form below). Once the 60 slots are filled, there will be a wait list in case there are cancellations. Notice of a cancellation must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org 72 hours prior to a shoot so that a wait-listed shooter can be notified of the opening. If a shooter signs up and no shows or fails to notify regarding a cancellation as outlined here, he/she will not be allowed to shoot with us for the next 2 months. Unregistered "walk-ons" are welcome as well, but they won't be guaranteed a slot unless we are at less than 60.
5. There will be two 6 classifier matches every year in April and September. This has been approved by the NC Section. These events will be open to the first 80 shooters who register. Competitors may shoot in only one division for the time being. I am working on a plan to allow entrants to shoot in two different divisions - details to follow if it is possible to do so.
6. The matches will be at the Wagram Sportsman Association range at 23580 Hwy 401S, Wagram, NC (about 20 mins west of Fayetteville on Hwy 401 South). The entrance to the range is approximately ½ mile west of Wagram. It is an unimproved road on the south side of the highway that is flanked by two small white fences. On match days, the turn off will be marked with a sign that reads "FPSA". Once you turn onto the unimproved road, continue to go straight until you cross railroad tracks and reach the gate that marks the entrance to the range itself. According to Google Earth, the coordinates for the range entrance off 401 are 34°52'45.21"N, 79°22'26.10W:
View Larger Map
Please see fayettevillepsa.org for more information and updates.